A total of 19 Partners participate in GISELA, 5 from Europe and 14 Latin America. In addirtion, 12 Third Parties, 3 from Europe and 9 from Latin America, are active in the Project.
Edited by Bernard Marechal on 07/08/2012
GISELA aims at ensuring the long-term sustainability of the Latin American component of its e-Infrastructure. This translates into the following sub-objectives:
- Establish a powerful e-Infrastructure facility built on the EELA-2 (https://www.eu-eela.eu/) Infrastructure legacy;
- Work out and implement a sustainability model for the e-Infrastructure.
In parallel, the Project supports Virtual Research Communities, addressing both:
- Current EELA-2 small User Communities;
- Larger VRCs from Earth, Life Sciences, HEP, etc.
Action plan: The objectives aforementioned are pursued following strategic lines of action.
- GISELA establishes a self-sustainable Grid infrastructure from the one inherited from EELA-2, providing and supporting the basic (CORE) operation services. The Project affords network support by coordinating the internal networking related tasks and developing inter-operation agreements to consolidate the relationship with GÉANT2, CLARA, the NRENs and the NGIs, in Europe and Latin America;
- GISELA works out, with CLARA, the model of sustainability for the e-Infrastructure best adapted to the CLARA and LA NRENs environment;
- Under the GISELA supervision, CLARA identifies the NREN(s) that will be in charge of the Operation and Support of the e-Infrastructure, applying a business plan. GISELA intends to handover them the e-Infrastructure Operation and Support during the last Project semester.
- Ensures the proper access of GISELA users to the e-Infrastructure resources;
- Supports Application developers and users over the whole process from deploying an Application up to running it in production;
- Organises the training best adapted to each VRC;
- Supports the use of the e-Infrastructure and Application-related Services already developed in EELA-2 and helps the users in the validation of these services in the context of their Application;
- Participates in the development of new services requested by the VRCs and helps in the test and validation of these services for user’s Applications.
Edited by Philippe Gavillet on 24/08/2010
Page 6 of 6